Who is this requalification training course for?
This requalification course has been designed for those who need to renew their existing valid 3 day first aid at work certificate. Requalification, via this course, will allow first aiders to continue their Certified HSE Approval status.
Why might you need this training?
First aiders in your company can be the difference between life and death, and it’s important that those given the responsibility of dealing with First Aid incidents are certified to do so. This requalification course ensures your staff can continue to be confident in their first aid role.
The training course also satisfies current health and safety first aid regulations.
How much does the 2 day requalification course cost?
The course costs £799, for up to 12 people.
What does this course cover?
The 2 day First Aid at Work requalification course refreshes the participants knowledge in various areas.
Content covered in the course includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoid cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions – to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
Benefits of attending the 2 day First Aid at work requalification course:
Aside from the obvious benefits of staff health and safety:
- We deliver training at a time and date that suits you at your premises.
- Our training courses are engaging, enjoyable and paced for all levels of ability regardless of experience.
How long is the courses:
Assessment and certification:
Assessment is through interaction and continuous assessment by the trainer with the learners.
Certificates are issued on completion of the First Aid training.